Friday, April 20, 2012

The past 9 months...

So....
The last 9 months have been an exciting time of preparation and excitement for our little girl soon to be born....any day now!  It's been an adventure of learning, excitement, expectancy, joy, and overcoming in preparing for this new season in our lives.  Nate and I have learned to communicate better, love each other  more, and see each other more how Jesus sees us.  I love him more now than ever before.  He is the most amazing husband and already a great father!  More than ever I've learned to listen to the voice of God above any other voice and rest in Him.  There is no other peace like the Prince of Peace!  I love Him.  He, above everyone else knows us so well, and what the best thing is for us.    


Nate and I are so excited to see Haeven, and to be parents!  It's so amazing that He would give us this precious gift to take care of and raise.  We are looking forward to the labor and birth,  which we will be doing in the peace and love of our home.  I had thought of doing a home birth in the past, and I knew for sure that I wanted a midwife for prenatal care.  After learning about water birth, and hearing stories of home births, and having friends that had a home birth recently, I knew that's what I wanted to do.  God was so sweet to us and provided an excellent midwife for us.  Our friends who had a water birth this past September lent us their lovely pool which we are so thankful for!   
Birthing pool



It's been a happy experience with our midwife.  She has been so encouraging and said things to me like "your labor is going to be the best of the best" and "be sure not to base any decision you make on fear"Talk about refreshing!  And freedom!  I am so thankful for her encouragement!  I love that God provided us with her as a midwife.  Her faith,  encouragement and empowerment has been so faith-building.  I have enjoyed and appreciated her positive perspective!  Jesus desires me to live in radical faith, not fear.  To trust Him is real wisdom.  Sometimes in the medical world there is too much fear because of statistics and negative experiences.  Being a registered nurse, I've seen a lot of it in the hospital.  I so aim to impart faith and peace, not fear to anyone making decisions about their life/health.  God doesn't see people as statistics.  He is far above that.  Faith in the promises of God is the way to real joy and real life.  So I've claimed His promises over my body, and my childbirth journey.  Through His death and resurrection on the cross, Jesus paid the price for our redemption, freedom and real healing.  He is the way, the truth and the life! : )  There are times when it's been a challenge to overcome negative emotions, feelings and certain pains, but knowing that they are not from God causes me to look to Him, and He always has given me grace and provision to rise above the negative.  He has overcome every pain, every fear, and I ride on His victory!  I have such amazing friends and family that have prayed with me, and spoken truth over me.  He is always good....He never fails.


I am excited for the birthing process!!  I just think it's so amazing that I was designed for it--it's the most natural thing for a woman to give birth.  I love that--it gives me such life and excitement!  I love running, and have run multiple marathons.  I love to work hard, it feels so good!  I was made to persevere, it's just who I am and I come alive in situations where perseverance is needed.  I can attribute this to my dad. Just ask him about our adventures together at canoe camp in the boundary waters and running! : )  And I love horses,...their beauty, incredible power and strength....I often have pictures of running horses in my head when I run!  Yes, I loved the movie Secretariat!


God is so good, and provides for us in every part of life.  So, I'll share a few of these promises Nate and I are standing on for childbirth....

  • Pain-free childbirth.  Jesus has redeemed me from the curse, from sickness and pain (Galatians 3:13-14, Isaiah 53:4-5).  Part of the curse that Jesus redeemed is pain in childbirth.  I'll explain... In labor, the uterus contracts.  Some call these contractions "labor pains", but in reality, it's muscle contracting.  If you were to contract your bicep right now, it gets hard but it does not hurt.  It's the same in labor.  The uterus contracts, but it doesn't have to hurt.  A big part of it is a mindset issue, not a physical issue.  A natural cause of pain is from hormones released from the brain from negative emotions such as fear, anxiety, stress, etc.  Jesus took away my fear with His perfect love.  Giving birth is one of the most natural things for a woman's body to do!  A labor of love!  This is so freeing!
  • Joyful birth (Proverbs 23:25). Labor might be work, a labor of love to bring Haeven into the world, but it will not be painful, negative, nor will there be any doubt.  God has given us this gift, and we will bring her forth in love, peace and such joy! 
  • Strength.  He will keep me strong through labor. Psalm 92:10 "You have made me as strong as a charging bison, you've honored me with a festive parade".  Psalm 29:11" God makes His people strong, He gives His people peace".  The joy of the Lord is our strength!  It's the most real thing!  What a good Papa!  
  • Protection and rest, a birth free of complications (baby in right position, no tearing, no excessive bleeding...).  Some complications are no doubt from negative emotions and expectations.  But Jesus has taken away fear, anxiety, and doubt from our lives.  He is our hope.  He is the answer.  Psalm 91 and Psalm 23 have been prayers of mine from the beginning of pregnancy.  He has faithfully kept Haeven, Nate and I safe!  I've had a great pregnancy so far with no swelling, or any issues besides sciatic nerve pain, which is totally gone now after prayer, resting and stretching.  God is infinitely good!  Soaking in His promises makes any kind of fear so so small!


For you....Those are some promises I've clung to.  These promises are yours too, and He will give you exactly what you need for childbirth, or whatever circumstance you are in...right now.  God is so sweet, and such a good strong strong Papa.  He created you, made you in His own image.  He loves you!  He so desires us to be specific with Him about things we worry about or fret over....because He has the answer and really wants to give you peace, like He has given me and my family.  I release that over you...the peace of heaven, and encounters with the Prince of Peace...receive His love for you! And whatever measure you have, I pray He gives you MORE.   


Nate and I  

    


39weeks with Haeven


God has passionately designed every woman for a joyful, wonderful, supernatural childbirth!  

No comments:

Post a Comment